Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

glen levitt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: glen levitt Reply with quote

Wow,

I was just over that the Jewel grocery store today. They had a nice size bottle of Glen Levitt 12 year old Single Malt Scotch with two glen levitt inscribed glasses for $32.00. That's a good deal. I'll pull that out for the folks at Christmas.! Very Happy

I wish you could all come over for a drink! That'd be fun! Smile

Do you all have Jewel food stores by you? I'm in Illinois and they're all over the place. Let me know.

If you like a good single malt scotch, this is a pretty good deal. Very Happy

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Do they have the Jewel stores "down under"?

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a diabetic so I can only drink when the wife's out of town . . .

The last couple of times she talked one of our girls into keeping an eye on me . . which means no strip clubs, no drinking, no bongs . . .

I keep telling my girls that when I'm more senile, they'll get to wipe the drool off of my chin . . .

And change my Depends . . .

I can tell that they can't wait . . .

Victor

at 9:05am on Jan 27th, my buddy left me
                 R.I.P. my loving friend
A righteous man regards the life of his animal
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:
    I'm a diabetic so I can only drink when the wife's out of town . . .

The last couple of times she talked one of our girls into keeping an eye on me . . which means no strip clubs, no drinking, no bongs . . .

I keep telling my girls that when I'm more senile, they'll get to wipe the drool off of my chin . . .

And change my Depends . . .

I can tell that they can't wait . . .

Victor

Ha ha Victor,

You're right about the wife being out of town. That's when I get some of my best drinking done Very Happy

I've got my scotch hidden in my tool box Very Happy

(If you're reading this honey, I'm just kidding. There's no scotch in my tool box. I'm just trying to show off for Victor and the gang Shocked)

Not that I'm scared of my wife or anything, but I just don't want to get into a fight about it Wink

I'm very lucky to have good neighbors. My new neighbor moved in next door about three years ago. I heard he was a cop so I wasn't sure if we'd hit it off. It turned out that now he's my best buddy. We sit around my porch and in my garage and smoke cigars and drink beer together and talk about all kinds of stuff.

And here I thought that cops just gave out speeding tickets. I found out that cops are people too. Very Happy
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: stores Reply with quote

Brad wrote:
Mike,

Brad

I don't think so, but some names you might recognize in Australia include KFC, K-Mart, Target, Pizza Hut, MacDonalds, Starbucks, Borders. I think some states have 7-11.

The Sizzler chain started up, but it was divided into two companies and unfortunately the one that was in our state went broke. A shame; they were my mother's favorite restaurant chain.

Some terms change their meaning, so watching an American movie can be puzzling. I remember one movie where they went to a "drive in" to eat, whereas in this country I would have expected them to be going to a movie.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: stores Reply with quote

Mike Hobart wrote:
Brad wrote:
Mike,

Brad

I don't think so, but some names you might recognize in Australia include KFC, K-Mart, Target, Pizza Hut, MacDonalds, Starbucks, Borders. I think some states have 7-11.

The Sizzler chain started up, but it was divided into two companies and unfortunately the one that was in our state went broke. A shame; they were my mother's favorite restaurant chain.

Some terms change their meaning, so watching an American movie can be puzzling. I remember one movie where they went to a "drive in" to eat, whereas in this country I would have expected them to be going to a movie.

We used to have "drive in" movie theaters around here a long time ago. They are all shut down now. Crying or Very sad It's too bad. It was kind of fun to sit in the car with the speaker in the window.

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the 'Metro' Detroit area . . there are a couple of drive-in theaters left . . not in the city itself, but here in the western suburbs . . .

Victor
of course, they don't operate year 'round

at 9:05am on Jan 27th, my buddy left me
                 R.I.P. my loving friend
A righteous man regards the life of his animal
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's way more than anyone (but me) ever wanted to know about single malt scotch Shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_malt_Scotch

I just bought a bottle of Chivas scotch the other day and it's half gone already. Embarassed It wasn't a single malt but it's still really good stuff. 12 years old too.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: