Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 Best series I'll bet you've never heard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: 5 Best series I'll bet you've never heard Reply with quote

You should give the following series a try if you haven't already...

1. Speed Gibson Of The International Secret Police - a juvenile series for sure; but very well done. I'll rank it #1.

2. Quiz Kids - a quiz show but some of these kids are absolutely genius (and grew up to be genius', I Googled them.) But at 5 or 13 years old, they are still kids and act like kids - and say kid things. Truly worth listening to.

3. Information Please - another quiz program but there is a lot of humor involved here.

4. Doctor Six Gun - an adult western. Very good series that I hadn't heard of until about a year ago.

5. Black Museum - This might be the most well-known of the 5 series and you may have heard it. But it occurs to me that I hadn't heard of it until recently. It's fantastic.

Honorable mention: I Was a Communist for the FBI - This is cold war stuff at it's best and it's very well done.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another fantastic program - it's really keen.

That program is Epic Casebook. According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
The Epic Casebook (1957-1985) - "... in which Inspector Carr investigates ..." - The highly successful detective series, starring Hugh Rouse as Inspector Carr. Written & Produced by Michael Silver at the CRC Studios, Johannesburg.

Clearly, this is a South African series.

I would rank it in the top 5 best detective/crime radio shows I have ever heard and probably in top 10 overall. It's really that good.

I found 30 or so show over at the OTTR Library (you have to be a member to download - and I don't think they are taking any new memberships - but it may be available elsewhere as well.)

I have every available episode and would love to share them, if I had a place to upload them, I sure would.

I am curious if any of you have heard this fantastic series?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: