Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Message from Melina Brown

View previous topic :: View next topic  
human

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Message from Melina Brown Reply with quote

Here's a message from Himan Brown's granddaughter, Melina Brown, that was posted on the CBSRMT list:

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:07 am (PDT)

Well,
I'm afraid that I may ruin your long lived ambitions of duplicating the masters...but I am moving the archives to a safe space this week and as Himan's successor on his foundation, Radio Drama Network, I will be working on what to do next. There is no official release of anything planned and as I have told many of you, if anything I hope to give the shows to the community as opposed to any money making activity. This is for charity and there is a board of directors; but I know what he wanted ultimately, being so close to him, and will try to fulfill his wishes best as possible. Nothing has been done or decided and any 365 broadcasts are the same old, same old...nothing from us and nothing official.

The reel to reels are in fantastic condition and we had long ago transferred them to safe formats, so everything that existed in the first place is intact along with scripts, etc...
Beyond that I cant say much except that I hope that you all can be patient because its been a tremendously difficult time for me and it will take quite a while to work through some 250 boxes of archives.
Hi saved everything, and I think that was a good thing, tho in his last years while living in his apartment part of the time it was hard to figure it all out.

I think it will be clearer with the help of professional archivists and the good folks that will be helping me.
Also, I have been working with Paul Hecht on a memorial show that is scheduled for the evening of Dec 10th at CUNY's grad school, across from the empire state building in NYC. I have not yet spoken with the publicist about the availability of tickets but will have that information in the coming week or so.
The lineup is stellar with Marian Seldes, Tony Roberts, Russel Horton and others...and the script is really special.
Paul Hecht is directing for the Radio Drama Network and it is the final installment of They Were Giants which is the story of Himan's life as told by his actors.

That's all that I have now but I will post the info here as soon as I have the official press release and hopefully you will all spread it to those who may be interested.

I just wanted to say that rumors of my actions or what Ive said since my grandfather passed, were only rumors, and if you have any questions just email me. Ive always been very available to the community and I will be revamping the web page and all that has been suggested... .Ive just been under it as far as what to do, I have a living room full of pictures, a garage full of awards and plaques, and all of Hi's suits in boxes in his studio here....its hard to get it all into a safe archival situation with dehumidifiers while dealing with everything else and taking care of my son....
so bear with me! I have great advice and great people with me who were my grandfather' s favorite people...and I have the fans in mind in all that I do.

Hi wanted quality audio drama to live on and be promoted as a way to strengthen the quality of the spoken word around the world, and that is a project that I am behind 100%.
Thanks for keeping the art alive.
I'm wondering now if anyone is going to resurrect the forums.

Take care all-

Melina Brown
boston blackie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, human. Those shows were excellent and I think should be shared for others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: