Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor Who?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adeny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Doctor Who? Reply with quote

Did I see those on the list you had linked at one time? I can't remember, and am hoping I am right. Very Happy
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Doctor Who? Reply with quote

Adeny wrote:
Did I see those on the list you had linked at one time? I can't remember, and am hoping I am right. Very Happy

I've got some but the sound quality isn't too good. I'll post them in the members directory tonight. I sent you the password. If you didn't get it let me know.

Brad
Adeny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...I DID! Thank you very much!!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Doctor Who? Reply with quote

Adeny wrote:

OK, I've got 305 shows. I'm going to start uploading them now. I'll let it run overnight. It takes a lot longer to upload than to download. But this should get you started. Some have good sound quality. Enjoy.

Brad
Adeny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are my new hero! My boyfriend is a BIG Doctor Who fan (and I am too now) and he is going to be really excited when I tell him about the shows!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adeny wrote:
You are my new hero! My boyfriend is a BIG Doctor Who fan (and I am too now) and he is going to be really excited when I tell him about the shows!

Adeny,

"Your mission if you choose to accept it" (Old Mission Impossible reference for those under 40) Smile

Listen to the Dr. Who shows and let us know what they are. Are they audio rips from TV or old radio shows or what? Are they any good?

Thanks,

Brad
Adeny

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dalek Master Plan I was told is the audio from a show, that the video for does not exsist anymore. I didn't listen to it all, because that is the one with not so good quality.

I am going through some of the others right now, these sound good. These are the Big Finish shows. Recent (late 90's) audio dramas they have produced staring the doctors from the tv series. Good stuff for Doctor Who fans. Now I know what I will be doing this afternoon. Smile
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Frost Reply with quote

Years ago, David Frost used to host a comedy show called The Frost Report. In one regular segment he would give funny answers to a series of questions. One night the exchange went like this:

Q: "Who is the best doctor on television?"

A: "Correct. Who is the best doctor on television."
gilinaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad...if your collection is from the "Big Finish" series, I'd certainly like the link. I have quite a few, from this series, on MediaMax...but hate having to use my download credits, in order to get them on my hard drive. I've picked up quite a few from the "Jolly Boys" area, on OTR@ 154.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilinaz wrote:
Brad...if your collection is from the "Big Finish" series, I'd certainly like the link. I have quite a few, from this series, on MediaMax...but hate having to use my download credits, in order to get them on my hard drive. I've picked up quite a few from the "Jolly Boys" area, on OTR@ 154.

I'm not sure what the "Big Finish" series is. I admit I don't know much about Dr. Who.

Brad
gilinaz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad...this is the website for 'Big Finish Productions'

http://www.bigfinish.com/
radar696

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilinaz wrote:

Gil,

If you have some specific shows that you need to retrieve how come you haven't just put in a request to the Mouse Man?

I'm sure he has many that he still hasn't shared.

I bet he would be more than happy to at least let you know if he has the ones you have stuck over at MediaMess.

Radar
gilinaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radar...well, I have been downloading from Jolly Boys...but it hasn't been consistant. In fact, I'm probably a few "Dr. Who" behind, from Blues Very Happy
notalot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I know this may sound dumb, but can you tell me where the Doctor Who files are please? I have looked but can't seem to locate them. Thanks in advance. Smile
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notalot wrote:
Hi there, I know this may sound dumb, but can you tell me where the Doctor Who files are please? I have looked but can't seem to locate them. Thanks in advance. Smile

I'm sorry. I don't see them either. We did have some at one time. They may have been taken down do to copyright or bad sound quality.

Brad
human

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, they were taken down a couple years ago due to copyright concerns. Fortunately, there's tons of alternative sources for Dr. Who. The Radio Archive bit torrent site (http://radioarchive.cc) has a lot of Dr. Who and a bunch of other cool British stuff as well. I've had very good luck with torrents from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: