Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We got mentioned on a radio show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: We got mentioned on a radio show Reply with quote

There is a radio show called "Computer Solutions" at: http://www.ssdplus.com/pastradioshows/index.htm that helps people with computer questions.

A gentleman by the name of John from north Charleston mentioned our website and club and gave out our web address while on the air with the host.

This was done a while ago, but I just now saw the backlink from the website while looking through some logs.

They put a link to our website on their radio show web page so people can find us. There link is posted above. If you have a computer question, go check out their website.

Thanks for mentioning us John! thumleft

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumleft I'm glad the word is getting out.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder just how many of us old time radio fans are out there. It seems my kids are only interested in sending text messages to their friends all day. Confused

I think if more people would just try it and listen to one really good show that captures their imagination, they'd get to like old time radio.

I think it's great that the satalite radio plays the old time radio shows. This may be the only way that some have to even know about them.

Brad
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more chances there are for people to stumble over an OTR show, the better. If it's not out there, they definitely won't find it!

I only discovered OTR years ago because I was interested in the (then) new phenomenon of e-books and came across a website that sold e-books and old radio shows.

If I hadn't stumbled across that website... well, it doesn't bear thinking about!
crich70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still remember how I stumbled across the website. I was looking round for CBSRMT programs and the search I did led me to MysteryShows. In the past I'd seen some through Ebay (I had a slow connection back then) but I hadn't had much access to programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: