Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slight Delay in uploading

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Slight Delay in uploading Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I have some disks I received in the mail and some uploads to process.

There will be a slight delay in uploading. I finally took vista off of my computer and put XP and all the service packs back on. Just too many problems. I ran it for over a year but I still like XP better.

I reloaded the operating system this morning and have just added the basics to get up and running, like email, firefox, filezilla and my html editor. I still have to reload my OTR disk database, the Otter software and my mp3 tagging software. As soon as that's done I'll be able to resume the uploading of the new shows. Probably sometime tomorrow.

Thanks,

Brad
crich70

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your computer maintenance Brad. I've never tried Vista but I have heard it has a lot of bugs yet in it. I'm very happy with my XP OS myself.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crich70 wrote:
Good luck with your computer maintenance Brad. I've never tried Vista but I have heard it has a lot of bugs yet in it. I'm very happy with my XP OS myself.

I took Vista off my laptop and the kid's PC a while ago. It's still on my daughter's laptop though. I'll probably end up removing that one too. It just doesn't feel too solid to me. I'll stick with the XP until something better comes along.

Just in case anyone was wondering, The PC I use for daily work on the club is in my garage, sitting on my workbench. It's great for fresh air with the big door open in the summer, plus I can smoke my pipe or a cigar if I want. My wife doesn't go for smoking cigars in the house. Wink

I've tried several different kinds of Linux on the desktop PC but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. We are running this website on Linux though. It works great for Internet servers.

Brad
human

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a Mac man, myself.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

human wrote:
I've always been a Mac man, myself.

One thing nice about a Mac is their stability. Their OS is based on a version of Unix, Free BSD I think. Solid as a rock. My youngest daughter is bugging me for a Mac now. I think she likes the neighbors all-in-one. It is nice.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: