Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are we missing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: What are we missing? Reply with quote

Can anyone think of any major series of shows that we are missing? Is there some set that people would expect to find in every old time radio collection that we don't have on the site?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Brad
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brad

This site is so massive its very hard to find anything missing, One of the most complete lists I have ever seen! The only major shows I can't find are

Dangerous Assignment
Family Theatre
Frontiertown

All of these could even be here but I have not found them yet.

TY Kevin
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Hi Brad

This site is so massive its very hard to find anything missing, One of the most complete lists I have ever seen! The only major shows I can't find are

Dangerous Assignment
Family Theatre
Frontiertown

All of these could even be here but I have not found them yet.

TY Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

I found "Dangerous Assignment" and "Frontier Town" on my hard drive. I'll upload those and look for the "Family Theatre" shows.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. "Dangerous Assignment" and Frontier Town" have been uploaded to the members area. I'm still looking for "Family Theatre".

Brad
human

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What are we missing? Reply with quote

This site generally exceeds my expectations, but a couple of missing gems I can think of are The Lives of Harry Lime, in which Orson Welles reprises his role from his 1949 film The Third Man, and The Shadow of Fu Manchu, produced in the late '30s and based on the Fu Manchu novels by Sax Rohmer.

Brad wrote:
Can anyone think of any major series of shows that we are missing? Is there some set that people would expect to find in every old time radio collection that we don't have on the site?

Thanks,

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: What are we missing? Reply with quote

human wrote:
This site generally exceeds my expectations, but a couple of missing gems I can think of are The Lives of Harry Lime, in which Orson Welles reprises his role from his 1949 film The Third Man, and The Shadow of Fu Manchu, produced in the late '30s and based on the Fu Manchu novels by Sax Rohmer.

Brad wrote:

Thanks,

Brad

Human,

The Lives of Harry Lime is in the Orson Welles collection folder. The Shadow of Fu Manchu is uploading right now. This is why I appreciate everyone's help. Keven sent me a sci-fi and monster collection months ago. I thought I uploaded all of them. I somehow missed The Shadow of Fu Manchu. Good call. Thanks!

Brad
crich70

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about General Mills Radio Adventure? I notice there is at least one episode in the 2000 sampler. There were some 52 episodes made from what I understand. Too bad they didn't continue the series.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crich70 wrote:
How about General Mills Radio Adventure? I notice there is at least one episode in the 2000 sampler. There were some 52 episodes made from what I understand. Too bad they didn't continue the series.

Wow. I'm glad you mentioned this. We do have the General Mills shows on the server but I goofed and named the folder "Adventure-Theater" instead of "General-Mills-Radio-Adventure-Theater". I have renamed the folder to the proper name so everyone will be able to find them. Thanks for your help. It's appreciated.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad wrote:
OK. "Dangerous Assignment" and Frontier Town" have been uploaded to the members area. I'm still looking for "Family Theatre".

Brad

Allen has donated a complete set of "Family Theater" for our club. 525 shows! Thanks Allen!

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: