Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Shadow Novels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: The Shadow Novels Reply with quote

"The Shadow Novels" 325-Books: Added 325 ebooks in the members area of "The Shadow" As originally published in "The Shadow Magazine". 1931 through 1949. These are all in text format and can be read on any computer or device that can read plain text files.

For our vision impaired friends these would be great books for text reading software. Kind of like an audio book. I'm almost done with the first book. I've been reading it on my Blackberry phone. It's really quite good.

Enjoy,

Brad
Marcel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went through and saw some of the ebooks in Sherlock Holmes I will download some next time I have a long drive ahead of me.

It seems that the forums are quite all around the OTR sites, I for one have been quite busy for the last 6 months, have no time to really enjoy OTR. To many distractions during the day, have to listen just before I go to bed
Plus my office has installed Snoop and anti download programs to discourage using the internet and wasting time and lost productivity.
No more streaming radio
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably heresy to many people, but I always preferred the Shadow novels to the radio show. The atmosphere and the complexity of the magazine stories could never be reproduced in a 30-minute radio programme.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Hobart wrote:
It's probably heresy to many people, but I always preferred the Shadow novels to the radio show. The atmosphere and the complexity of the magazine stories could never be reproduced in a 30-minute radio programme.

I'm done with the first one. It was really good. When you're stuck sitting at the mall while you're wife is shopping, It's fun to pull out your phone and read the shadow instead of just sitting there like a dope. Laughing

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: