Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Place to Purchase CD/DVD of Shows?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeyG1965

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Best Place to Purchase CD/DVD of Shows? Reply with quote

If this questions is in poor taste or has been already asked, I apologize.

I live out in the country and do not have access to high speed internet in which to download shows to load up on my iPod.

Figure best way may be to purchased CDs/DVDs with shows already loaded. Might someone direct me to a reputable site that sells CDs/DVDs with OTR shows?

Thanks!
Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Great Question Reply with quote

Hi Mikey

That's a great question, there are several places to build your collection.

I have used www.otrcat.com for many great shows and they are dependable and reasonable.

I have also bought on ebay from a seller named "renoinc" he has a ulitmate collection for about 30.00 which is outstanding.

Hope this Helps

Kevin
MikeyG1965

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kevin!!!

I will head over to eBay to check it out.
human

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are specific things you are looking for, why don't you post a want-list on the forum and perhaps one of the members would be willing to burn them to CD or DVD for you if you send blank media and return postage. The "B&P" (blanks and postage) model is a time honored tradition among traders of non-commercial music recordings (e.g., Grateful Dead concerts) and would work here as well.

Members: If you are willing to help out download-challenged members by providing B&P services, you can make that known on the forums and then you can work out the particulars with individuals off-list via private message.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased a lot of shows from ebay as well. No problems so far. Be sure to check the shipping cost before you buy. Some are too high. You can also check out www.bookzap.com. I have purchased from them several times.

Brad
crich70

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also http://www.theradiolady.com I haven't purchased much from her but she does have some interesting stuff in her collections. Don't know if she still does it but when I bought some from her she offered a sampler disk as well.
MikeyG1965

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone who has made suggestions.

For the time being, my nephew is allowing me to download shows at his house. He has a very fast connection and I have been downloading a few shows with each visit. Just about have entire Johnny Dollar collection offered by this wonderful site.
human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, she's still doing that. You can also e-mail her at sales@theradiolady.com and request the free sampler disc without ordering anything else. The Web page doesn't indicate whether she charges shipping on the free sampler, but her flat rate domestic shipping charge is $3 per order, regardless of the number of discs you order. Up to 11 discs are $6 each and $4.99 per disc for orders of 12 or more discs.

crich70 wrote:
There is also http://www.theradiolady.com I haven't purchased much from her but she does have some interesting stuff in her collections. Don't know if she still does it but when I bought some from her she offered a sampler disk as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: