Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are you listening to now?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: What are you listening to now? Reply with quote

I just started listening to Candy Matson. I have seen it around for awhile, and kept meaning to listen to it, but finally got to it. It is quite different from the average detective show. Thanks, Brad, for putting up so many great shows for us to discover.

Shirley
hangman3364

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much like you, I've been listening to a series i've been aware of for a while but haven't tried. I've downloaded and finally started listening to Granby's Green Acres.
I had no idea Green Acres was based on a radio show, though the two are very different. (The TV show is very surreal) The radio show started off a little weak. Some lame jokes but after several episodes, it definitely found its groove.
majorshaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Investigation Quentin Nckles 1895, quit scotland and went to canada
Marcel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Candy Matson Reply with quote

I also just came across Candy Matson, on this site I listened to a few and I quite enjoyed her shows. To bad there aren't more lady detective shows around. I usally make up a crimesolvers folder for listening with a few episodes of all the detective shows so when I am in the mood for crime solving I will not be tired of the sme detective.

I know there were only a few shows left in circulation of the Female detective or crime solvers. Question Brad do you have any of them? Idea and if they are only one and two episodes only would it be possible to make a folder such as Female Crime Solvers.

And I also listened some of to Granby's Green Acres, I just love Gale Gordon in everything he stars in. His voice is quite expressive and sometimes I think that a show would not be the sme with out him in it.

Thanks again Brad, for all that your have done and are doing to keep this site up and running. Exclamation It is good to see OTR sites like yours that allow People to listen and collect new items that we have not heard before.

Marcel
Chris11660

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Murder Is Announced...Agatha Christie. wav
human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished listening to "Aliens in the Mind". It's a BBC production from the late '70s, starring Vincent Price and Peter Cushing. Fun stuff if you're into science fiction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: