Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tapes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: The Tapes Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to find out if the original tapes of the cbsrmt are in public domain or are they owned by someone ? I have tried to contact the estate of Himan Brown, but I get no reply! I have also tied to contact Time-Life and the Smithsonian to try to get more information. I would like to see them "cleaned up" and put out on audio dvd.
catfreak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diadeloso wrote:
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:11 PM
To: melinabrown@optonline.net
Subject: Comments

Ma'am,

As an ardent Old Time Radio collector, I have enjoyed listening to my episodes of The CBS Radio Mystery Theater. I'd like to post these on the Internet for free downloading. However, I don't wish to infringe on any existing copyrights. I have been told that permission was given to share and trade these episodes so long as they were not sold. Can you verify this?

Thank you very much.

Don *********

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:46:03 -0400
From: "MELINA" <melinabrown> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: RE: Comments
To: "'Don'" <diadeloso>

Hi Don-

I just came across your email and I’m not sure if I answered it when it came in. I have been having some internet problems along with lost mail.

The shows are already traded and posted on some sites, but they are in copyright and Himan Brown is the holder of that and also a trademark on the creaking door and the cat icon.

I am dealing currently with the library of congress in straightening out the listing and I am also dealing with a possible lawsuit against a seller who won’t cease and desist and who has been harassing me and my grandfather.

I am considering streaming the shows from our own site and also using the masters to create some new availability of previously unavailable shows…Currently in the CBS RMT Forums site and, I believe, at the fearyoucanhear site, they are discussed, traded, and streamed for the blind.

I have no plans to get in the way of trading of the shows…but I would ask that you do not stream them right now until I can straighten out what my grandfather wants to do in this matter and allow him to do it from his official page.

The forums and the fearyoucanhear folks are with me on this, and I am doing my best to ensure that the fans who have kept this art alive are given their due in that they have lovingly preserved the shows. The shows belong to Himan and he makes the decisions, but I am working on showing him what can be done, and I believe that he will like it.

Thanks for your inquiry,

Melina Brown

at 9:05am on Jan 27th, my buddy left me
                 R.I.P. my loving friend
A righteous man regards the life of his animal
human

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would seem that Melina Brown's response says it all, and in a polite, reasonable, and cordial manner. That inspires respect not only for the Browns' wishes, but the Browns themselves.
mikeu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be nice to to hear the "cleaned up" shows!! The one thing about the "cleaned up" is that they probably will not have the commercials, they do add some to the shows.. I know that I am asking for the best of both worlds. Very Happy
hangman3364

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, they're corny and dated but still kind of fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: