Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiply

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Multiply Reply with quote

I'm pretty disgusted with the Multiply site right now. For some reason they don't believe I am human. They sent me a message saying there has been a lot of automated activity on my site and that isn't allowed, so they have disabled all of my shows and made it so I can't even download my own shows or anyone else's, either. They told me I have to type in some letters they had in the box and had scratched out. I have no idea if I got the letters right, since they had them all crossed out. But, supposedly they are going to determine if I am human sometime when they get to it. They said in the message they work on the problems in the order they receive them. Whatever! What a whacked out site!
Shirley
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Multiply Reply with quote

shirleypearl wrote:
I'm pretty disgusted with the Multiply site right now. For some reason they don't believe I am human. They sent me a message saying there has been a lot of automated activity on my site and that isn't allowed, so they have disabled all of my shows and made it so I can't even download my own shows or anyone else's, either. They told me I have to type in some letters they had in the box and had scratched out. I have no idea if I got the letters right, since they had them all crossed out. But, supposedly they are going to determine if I am human sometime when they get to it. They said in the message they work on the problems in the order they receive them. Whatever! What a whacked out site!
Shirley

Shirley,

That may be my fault. I got those mucic shows from your site today you told me about. I used Firefox that has a download manager plugin running.
Maybe that's the automated activity they are talking about.

I'm really sorry about this Crying or Very sad

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was your fault, Brad. I am getting messages from everyone on Multiply that every Multiply site has no downloadable files. Everything we put up is no longer to be downloaded unless someone fixes the problem. I have gotten five messages now that I need to prove I am human. I don't know if the site has crashed or if it has been hacked. I am sure a lot of you know a lot more about what might have happened than I do, but Multiply is just plain whacked tonight.
Shirley
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone on Multiply has decided to disable sharing audio files. We can still go to each other's multiply sites and see what they used to be. Someone thinks there is some illegal sharing. There probably was, but it wasn't the OTR people, but we all got lumped together. I don't think they will bother to determine if I am human. They have a notice posted that if you send them a message it will be deleted.
Shirley
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so irritating. I know that a lot of people had spent untold hours uploading stuff to their sites, and now somebody has thrown a switch and stopped all downloads.

Come on guys, get with it!
johnraym

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out we could stream the files but I fear that damage has been done. Max 4 uploads at a time. Traffic has dropped off since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: