Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OTR Reviews.....Plus...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bert Ward

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: OTR Reviews.....Plus... Reply with quote

A few days ago I decided to pick two otr shows at random, review ‘em and add a little something just for fun..... so, for better or worse, here it is....

The two I picked were

Unexpected - The Birthday Present...
Found here: http://otr.154.ca/viewtopic.php?t=2377&highlight=unexpected

Direct Download link:

http://thegreatgildersleeve.net/sharedfiles/unexpected/Unexpected%20480418%20101%20Birthday%20Present.mp3

And a CBSRMT, #0343, the Ghost Plane

Can be found here: http://www.mysteryshows.com/OTR/viewtopic.php?t=110

(A Shout out to catfreak, who supplied me with a complete copy of this episode. Thanks, Victor!)

I thought about picking two more, but you take the good with the bad.....

And we all know that not every episode of every show can hit a home run.

These two were, frankly, disappointing.

The protagonist on The birthday present was suppose to be someone you would feel for. Instead she came off as whiney and self absorbed.

The Ghost plane, a Twilight Zone kind of story, started out very good and sustained that momentum throughout most of the story. However the ending was rather banal and uninspired.

I have a habit when listening to these type of shows to guess what the ending is, and/or come up with my own.

So in giving away as little of the story line as possible, here’s what I thought of while listening.

On the Birthday Present, she gets really mad when she finds out it is silver, and kills her husband. Then discovers he had it coated with a quick dissolving silver paint to surprise her and it was gold all along.

On The Ghost ship, after the “regular” ending, one by one they awake to find out they are in a coma center recovering from their injuries, - as strangers - and start talking about their “mutual” experience.

So what do you think? I invite you to listen to these stories and give your opinion.

Is my made up endings better? worse? Doo-doo?

And the assessment of the shows: Right? Wrong? More doo-doo?

All in fun.

Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: