Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twilight Zone - CBSRMT connection

View previous topic :: View next topic  
human

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Twilight Zone - CBSRMT connection Reply with quote

I just got hold of some episodes of the new Twilight Zone radio show, which are adapted from scripts of original TZ episodes. They're quite good and I highly recommend them. For three free sample episodes, go to www.twilightzoneradio.com. Earlier this evening, I was listening to an episode called "The 30-Fathom Grave" and was surprised to hear a familiar melody incorporated into the background score. It took me a few seconds to recognize those minor chords out of context (and sans creaking door), but it was the theme music from CBSRMT!

It would be interesting to know if that were done intentionally as a tribute to CBSRMT. Pretty cool if that were the case.
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always startling to run into the familiar in an unfamiliar context.

My sister (not an OTR fan as such, but she's heard a lot of my shows) was reading a mystery novel the other day, I think it was by Mary Higgins Clark. She was surprised to come across a reference to one spot as looking like "Fibber McGee's closet" !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: