Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Been an interesting year.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crich70

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Been an interesting year. Reply with quote

It has been an interesting year in 2017. Back in April my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer. She smoked for 58 yrs and quit on April 9th for good. She spent about 2 months in a nursing home after going through Chemo/radiation and is still recovering. I had to move house from one apt upstairs to another on the ground floor which was a task in itself. Plus I got engaged this year (Feb. 4th). Me and my fiancee plan to get married next year. Probably in June. And finally on Dec. 12th I turned 47. The picture is of me and my fiancee last Christmas. Smile
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p206x206/22780612_10159413729015705_5861546018272649911_n.jpg?oh=dbdcd6db10dc117f977ee68d484ba7d0&oe=5AD3D9FC
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to you and your fiancee Crich70. Sorry to hear about your mom and her struggles.
crich70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Harlow Wilcox.
Alas the new year has brought many new challenges as well. Mom had pain in her mouth and thought it was an infection. They scanned her head and found that the cancer moved from her lung to her brain. They gave her 10 radiation treatments. On average they give her 4-6 months. She may live longer or shorter. No way to tell. And now both of us have been down with some virus going around as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: