Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paul Temple Mystery Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Paul Temple Mystery Shows Reply with quote

Ed donated a nice set of Paul Temple mystery shows. They are now located in the 005 BBC Radio Shows Folder. Execellent sound quality and very interesting mysteries. Well worth a listen.

Thanks Ed!

Brad
jimsmithaia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Paul Temple mysteries Reply with quote

I checked out the Paul Temple series - quite good,

I noticed that the last two on the list "Spencer Affair" are not complete, only a few opening minutes. The file sizes are very small.

Just thought I would offer a- heads up -FYI - in case they are available but got lost in transfere.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Paul Temple and I'm obviously not the only one. In England he is still so popular that they BBC have taken the scripts of some lost episodes and re-staged them for broadcast with Crawford Logan as Paul. It's an excellent job they've done -- if you weren't told in advance, you'd think it was an old story with better than usual sound!
Mungo

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Paul Temple East of Algiers Reply with quote

By Timothy,

We've discovered that the 2 audio files for Paul Temple East of Algiers were not working. Could anyone else please upload working ones to mystery shows if they have them. Thanks

Now I'm off to find Steve before she blows up another car!
Mungo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Paul Temple and the Gregory Affair Reply with quote

By Timothy,

For those fans interested radio BBC 4 are running a new 'Paul Temple and the Gregory Affair'.
Now it's the turn of Paul Temple and the Gregory Affair from 1946, in which Paul and Steve come to the aid of a baffled Scotland Yard in pursuit of a deadly and mysterious criminal mastermind. Not only has the recording disappeared but also the scripts of Episodes 1, 2 and 6. This new production is made possible by the recent discovery by a colleague in Norwegian radio of a complete set of scripts in an old store cupboard in Oslo.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0368fwf

Its 10 parts 30 mins each started today so you can get it on BBC iplayer.
angelranger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mungo, that is good news. I don't see The Gregory Affair in our Paul Temple folder. I can record, save and convert to mp3.

Speaking of BBC4, the Woman in Black is an excellent ghost story.
Four episodes of roughly 27,000 KB each as mp3 which I fear may be too
large for our uploader.

Is the Paul Temple - East of Algiers a subset of the Spencer Affair? I may have a complete set. And yes, my real name is Timothy.

Bye, Timothy
Mungo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Angelranger (or should I say Timothy) apparently Peter Cook hated saying 'By Timothy' but Durbridge wouldn't let them change the script.

Aye the "Paul Temple East of Algiers" is a novelisation of the original radio drama "Paul Temple and the Sullivan Mystery" then made back into an audio book so the story lines are very similar. Mind you all the Paul Temple ones seem to have a formula to them but I still like them.

I'll check out the women in black. Dont worry about the file sizes even if you send one at a time. Leave them to upload overnight and/or speak to Brad he can advise you if your not sure.
johnson33445

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have never seen this show will you plz tell me what the time to play this show or have any link to download so plz share here thanks
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/
I quite enjoyed the Gregory affair, though as usual I had no idea in the penultimate episode how things were going to finish up in the final show.

And didn't Temple get some mileage out of his retort to each suspect:
"You can't think I'm involved in this!" "Oh, can't I?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: