Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBSRMTh- ep. Ninety Lives, all found are incomplete ... ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitchell_W

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: CBSRMTh- ep. Ninety Lives, all found are incomplete ... ??? Reply with quote

Hi, there. I'm new to the forum though I've been listening to OTR for about 3-4 years now. Don't remember when I actually started but in least year, since work situation meant us taking a 37% income cut and had to get rid of cable TV (and now with only digital signal), I have no TV at home, now streaming radio is how I keep informed and is my main form of entertainment, supplemented by watching the odd movie from my DVDs, etc.

I love OTR.

This morning channel 3 (from http://classicradionetwork.net/) played a CBS Radio Mystery Theatre episode called "Ninety Lives". The last 30 seconds was silence and some weird sounds. In other words, it was incomplete. Well, that has happened a couple of other times, and I just did a search online and dl the MP3 for the show to hear the complete version. With "Ninety Lives", though, every single file is truncated the same as the one streamed this morning.

I haven't been able to find any reference that this is the permanent state of affairs - that all existing files will be the same due to some technical problem when saving the original, whatever. So hoping someone knows of a copy of this show so I can hear the ending!

One can miss the first 30 seconds of a show, but NOT the last 30! This is going to be like a sore tooth I keep prodding with my tongue - it's going to bug me forever to know the ending <lol>.

Hopefully someone knows of a complete copy. All torrents and MP3s I've found are incomplete and I'm not about to buy a whole CD of the shows on the chance that that particular show is complete on the CD. With my luck, it'll also be incomplete.

Thanks.
rbenard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: CBSRMTh- ep. Ninety Lives, all found are incomplete ... Reply with quote

my copy that is over 10 yrs old is the same however it is complete just the narrator's 'ending comment' is missing. same blank silence and noises.

many were recorded by ham radio operators fwiw on reel to reel tape.

I contacted years ago the library of congress via phone they have the armed forces copies and they are available by appointment (on records). I don't live near there to see how many etc. but this site has some or all of them (again don't know the total shows).

The original shows were provided on LP records to radio stations and had to be returned. It is a shame that noone yet has found a cache of those records.

Rusty
Mitchell_W

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there!

Well, hopefully someone somewhere eventually finds a complete copy without the 45 seconds of hisses and static and lack of narrator commentary. It's a pain when you're missing the exact ending. You can miss the beginnings of programs but not the ending.

Well, this post is here and so it's a known issue. If someone googles for this show after a complete copy has been found, maybe they'll join and post to the forum allowing us to know when it's available.

Thanks for the info, though. Figures that the Library of Congress might be a source <g>.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: