Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yixulio is a spammer

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mike Hobart



Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: yixulio is a spammer Reply with quote

Seems to happen to almost all forums sooner or later.

Somebody slips through the net and begins to post spam or nonsense on the forum.

Brad, here's another one.
_________________
tuned in from down under
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Brad
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 1031
Location: Channahon, IL, USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: yixulio is a spammer Reply with quote

Mike Hobart wrote:
Seems to happen to almost all forums sooner or later.

Somebody slips through the net and begins to post spam or nonsense on the forum.

Brad, here's another one.


Thanks Mike. All taken care of.

Brad
_________________
Visit our home page http://www.mysteryshows.com for thousands of free old time radio shows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
crich70



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 322
Location: Monroe Wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I agree it does eventually happen everywhere. I run around on the forum board at mobileread.com (for ebooks) and just the other day someone posted about a place to find DVD movies on one of the sub forums. Completely off the topic. The real sad ones are where the ads have taken over completely. That's one thing I like about MysteryShows.com's forums, they are well moderated to keep the spammers at bay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Brad
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 1031
Location: Channahon, IL, USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crich70 wrote:
Yep I agree it does eventually happen everywhere. I run around on the forum board at mobileread.com (for ebooks) and just the other day someone posted about a place to find DVD movies on one of the sub forums. Completely off the topic. The real sad ones are where the ads have taken over completely. That's one thing I like about MysteryShows.com's forums, they are well moderated to keep the spammers at bay.


Fortunately, we have software on the server that catches about 99% of the spammers. Sometimes we get 50 attempted spam posts per day. That's crazy.

Brad
_________________
Visit our home page http://www.mysteryshows.com for thousands of free old time radio shows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
crich70



Joined: 19 Sep 2008
Posts: 322
Location: Monroe Wisconsin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad wrote:
crich70 wrote:
Yep I agree it does eventually happen everywhere. I run around on the forum board at mobileread.com (for ebooks) and just the other day someone posted about a place to find DVD movies on one of the sub forums. Completely off the topic. The real sad ones are where the ads have taken over completely. That's one thing I like about MysteryShows.com's forums, they are well moderated to keep the spammers at bay.


Fortunately, we have software on the server that catches about 99% of the spammers. Sometimes we get 50 attempted spam posts per day. That's crazy.

Brad

Wow, that is a lot of spam. I didn't know about the software, though it sounds like it does a good job. Of course there is also the self-moderation that members do (for the 1% that do somehow sneak in). I imagine the spam posts that don't make it through are a pretty mixed bag if it's anything like the spam the average person gets in their email box on a daily basis. Good riddance to it. I much prefer Mystery Shows sticking to OTR topics. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mike Hobart



Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.
I used to visit a site that hosted some old time radio shows some years ago, and their message board was just swamped with spam. They ended up having to discontinue it because they just couldn't keep up with the torrent of spam being posted. Sad
_________________
tuned in from down under
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:    View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Listen To Free Old Time Radio On Our Home Page