Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Favorite Husband

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zap

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: My Favorite Husband Reply with quote

'My Favorite Wife' is a huge "I Love Lucy" fan- we've been recording tons of episodes on our HTPC, then H.264'ing them so she can watch them on her iPod- she watched almost the whole run while in the hospital for nearly a week before/during/and after the birth of our son.

Anyway- I've told her that Lucille Ball actually starred in a radio show prior to I Love Lucy, called My Favorite Husband, and that it's supposed to be very similar. In fact, CBS originally wanted to do a TV version of it, rather than I Love Lucy as we know it.

My wife was amazed to learn about this. (I'd forgotten it myself). She's actually gung-ho to start listening to the radio series since she's nearly exhausted her Lucy fix.

Anyone ever listen to the show? I have no idea if it's any good or not- I downloaded the episodes, but haven't given a listen yet.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the entire run of I Love Lucy on DVD and so have watched the entire seriess (probably4-5 times actually) and I am still making my way through the radio show.

You are correct on all your faqcts - Jess Oppenheimer was the creator of both shows. Gale Gordon was doing too much to be on I Love Lucy but later teamed up again with Lucy on 2 other future Lucy Shows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Comedy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: