Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Missing Shows Reply with quote

Well folks, we had a small setback today. I had ordered an aditional 25,000 shows for the website, mostly comedy, music, christmas, children and western shows.

I ordered them one month ago. Waited every day for them in the mail. They didn't show up so I finally emailed the company I bought them from. They sent me a tracking number. I checked it online. It said my local post office got the package 20 days ago. I called them on the phone and they said they think they delivered it but the mail carrier forgot to scan it in to my address.

Here is the USPS Priority Mail tracking number:

9101 0105 2129 7018 3196 53

I checked it at: http://www.usps.com/

If you look it up, you'll see that it only showed up at my local post office but there is no confirmation of delivery to me.

Not quite sure what to do now. My wife says to file a claim with the post office. The package wasn't insured though. I would think that the post office would be responsible for it since they never scanned it in to me.

I've never had this happen before. What do you think about it. Is the post office responsible or is it just tough luck for me? Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like the post office ought to be responsible, but I don't know if you could get them to reimburse you for your loss.

Sorry that happened.

Shirley

Last edited by shirleypearl on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
majorshaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need to see (in person) your local postmaster, he/she can help.
majorshaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need to see (in person) your local postmaster, he/she can help.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Update on the missing shows Reply with quote

Since the package wasn't insured (which was dumb) the post office is just going to put in a "lost package" report with themselves. Wow, that should be helpful. "hey, you guys, we lost a package", "yep, sure did".

Here's something interesting though. The package arrived at the post office on a Monday. If they delivered it on Wednesday, our cleaning people were here. I normally wouldn't think they'd steel anything. They haven't in the 2 and a half years we've been with their company.

But, they were here the other day and my daughter's digital camera and memory cards disappeared. Then the next day my wife noticed that my digital camera, leather case and memory cards are gone too.

It seems that one of the cleaning ladies is new and they've suspected here of steeling so they wanted us to file a police report. Which we did today. Now the cleaning place says she's flying to Las Vegas tonight and might be taking everyone's stuff with her.

It's just possible that she saw the package of OTR shows and took it. What a surprise for her when she opened it and saw old radio shows! She probably thought they were movies or something.

Oh well. The place has insurance, so no big deal. When the police search her place, maybe I'll get my stuff back, I hope.

The police are going to get her when she gets back from Vegas. They said they might even set up a sting to catch her. How exciting, like one of the OTR mystery shows! I'll let you know what happens. Where's Johnny Dollar when we need him? Laughing

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: The Case of the Missing Camera...Update! Reply with quote

Embarassed OK, I made an ass of myself agian. I found my camera. No one stole it. I just misplaced it. We called the cleaning company and the police and told them we were just missing my daughter's camera but not mine.

Here's the weird part. The exact same camera that my daughter has (even the same color) was stolen from another house.

The flat foots, I mean coppers, (sorry, listening to too much OTR) Very Happy I mean the police officers confronted the suspected cleaning lady and she got all defensive and said she didn't steal anything. We shall see.

Tune in next time to see what happens.... Smile

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well folks, I'm starting to doubt that the cleaning lady stole my OTR shows. What I think happened is that the mail carrier dropped the package on the street and someone just picked it up and kept it.

I talked to the post master several time and she can't do anything about it.

It was a $130.00 order for the 25,000 shows. I used all of the recent donations to pay for it. This really stinks. That's the whole reason for the donations is to pay for more shows.

Let's take a vote. Should I reorder the shows (westerns, children, christmas and comedy) or not. If anyone here has an interest in this type of show, I'll gladly reorder. If no one wants them than it would just be a watse of money. Let me know what you think. You are all my good friends. If you want the shows, I will get them! Smile

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My collection consists of over 1TB of material. Other people who are members here, also have extensive collections. Let's see if maybe we can all just chip in and flow some programming through here . . .

Victor

at 9:05am on Jan 27th, my buddy left me
                 R.I.P. my loving friend
A righteous man regards the life of his animal
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:
    My collection consists of over 1TB of material. Other people who are members here, also have extensive collections. Let's see if maybe we can all just chip in and flow some programming through here . . .

Victor

Thanks Victor. That's very nice of you. I'd like to put more Western shows in the members directory. Of course, I'll offer a free membership to everyone in the forum so we can all enjoy them and talk about them here.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Lone Ranger Shows? Reply with quote

OK, I've got a ton of Gunsmoke shows coming very soon, but I still need the Lone Ranger. What western collection would be complete without the Lone Ranger?

Does anyone have any they would like to donate to the site?

Let me know.

Thanks a bunch,

Brad

Last edited by Brad on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
catfreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have around 16BG of Lone Ranger programs . . close to 2000 episodes

I'm checking the accuracy of the names . . give me 'till January

As far as Gunsmoke . . Hopefully you didn't (gulp!) purchase a set . .

All sets I've seen are full of mismarked episodes and the quality is very uneven

I'll have a killer set in another month or two

Be patient!

Victor

R.I.P. my loving friend
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: The Case of the Missing Camera...Update! Reply with quote

OK, If anyone is interested in "The Case of the Missing Camera". Here is the update. The cleaning company fired the lady that likes to steal cameras and suspended the helper for not seeing the other lady stealing the stuff.

I think this is wrong. One lady was working upstairs and one downstairs. How could the one know that the other was stealing? I bet she didn't know anything about it. She seemed nice to me. I don't think she was in on the caper, I mean the heist, theft (sorry, I thought I was Sam Spade for a minute) Laughing

I still don't have the camera back yet. Oh well. It's the most exciting thing that's happened here in a while. ( I live in a very small town). Very Happy

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:

All sets I've seen are full of mismarked episodes and the quality is very uneven

Be patient!

Victor

Victor,

Patient is my middle name. Very Happy No hurry. I didn't buy a set. I found a couple hundred shows on a server for download quite by accident. I was looking through my log files to see where traffic was coming from and followed a few links to all the shows!

Thanks. I'd love to get the the Lone Ranger shows online for everyone to enjoy. Thanks again for sharing with us. You're an alright guy!

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that there are probably 20 -30 Lone Ranger episodes that are mis-labeled . . . They can always be corrected after you get them on-line . .

It is quite an undertaking to upload them to a file host just to have you download and reupload them . .

If you want . . PM me your address and I'll mail you the discs . . Hopefully, you have a DVD burner on your PC as I have them on DVD because of the size of the collection . . .

Victor

R.I.P. my loving friend
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:
    I know that there are probably 20 -30 Lone Ranger episodes that are mis-labeled . . . They can always be corrected after you get them on-line . .

It is quite an undertaking to upload them to a file host just to have you download and reupload them . .

If you want . . PM me your address and I'll mail you the discs . . Hopefully, you have a DVD burner on your PC as I have them on DVD because of the size of the collection . . .

Victor

Victor,

Would you rather just upload them to my server? That way there would be no wasted uploading or downloading. I can easily make you a username and password. Do you have an FTP software program?

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catfreak wrote:

Be patient!

Victor

I'm sorry Victor. I told you how patient I was and then ran out and downloaded a bunch of Gunsmoke shows Shocked

I guess I just won't be happy unless I make an ass of myself at least once every half hour Embarassed

I thought we were talking about the Lone Ranger shows but now that I re-read the post I see I was mistaken. Your shows are of better quality than the ones I found. I'll leave the shows I found on the site for now just so the Gunsmoke fans will have something to listen to until you are ready with your shows.

Thanks again for sharing with us Very Happy

Brad
catfreak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. . . the Gunsmoke set that I have is much better, however, the link that I gave you for the Lone Ranger materials provides you with a set that came from the same source as mine . . and I believe that the dating problems have been corrected . . at least more than mine

V.....

R.I.P. my loving friend
gilinaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased about 11 CDs of Lone Ranger shows, from a dealer...most are the early episodes. Then, someone sent me some more CDs of LR shows. Now, they have most...if not all.. posted on the 154 site. I've been trying to d/l most of the ones I didn't have on CDs. The question is: is the group on 154 more complete than what I have on CDs? It takes quite a while to d/l all those "individual files"...so I'm just hoping what I have is more (or less) complete. I was hoping that someone...eventually...might do a ZIP of all the 2000 shows. They could do a "ZIP by year"...starting way back in 1932 (or was it 1935?) Very Happy I have a book called "The Mystery Of The Masked Man's Music" (Reginald Jones)...it states that "The Meadows Sisters" episode was the first one where Fred Foy became the announcer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: