Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help Finding Eerie OTR Show.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasWildhorse

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Need Help Finding Eerie OTR Show. Reply with quote

Some years ago, I listened to a wonderful, eerie show about a young lady who answers a job ad for a secretarial job working the night shift in a tall office building. When she shows up to work, she notices that the other workers are dressed in very dated clothing. It's also odd that everyone there works at night. Later on, she visits her workplace in the daytime and discovers that it is an abandoned, decrepit old building that has not been used for many years. I would love to listen to this show again but cannot remember the name of the show or even of the series. Does this ring a bell with anyone out there? Thanks.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help Finding Eerie OTR Show. Reply with quote

TexasWildhorse wrote:
Some years ago, I listened to a wonderful, eerie show about a young lady who answers a job ad for a secretarial job working the night shift in a tall office building. When she shows up to work, she notices that the other workers are dressed in very dated clothing. It's also odd that everyone there works at night. Later on, she visits her workplace in the daytime and discovers that it is an abandoned, decrepit old building that has not been used for many years. I would love to listen to this show again but cannot remember the name of the show or even of the series. Does this ring a bell with anyone out there? Thanks.

This sounds exactly like the kind of show I'd like. I hope someone knows which shows this is. I'd love to hear it too.

Welcome to the forum TexasWildhorse! Enjoy your stay here.

Brad
TexasWildhorse

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help Finding Eerie OTR Show. Reply with quote

Brad wrote:
TexasWildhorse wrote:

This sounds exactly like the kind of show I'd like. I hope someone knows which shows this is. I'd love to hear it too.

Welcome to the forum TexasWildhorse! Enjoy your stay here.

Brad

Brad, Thank you for your kind words. I am truly enjoying your site. It looks like my interests in old time radio closely match yours. I favor sci-fi, suspense, mystery, and horror. The more bizarre the plot, the better. I have been going through my terabytes of OTR shows that I have in my collection looking for the show in question, but so far, it's no go. I thought it might be a Lights Out or Quiet Please, but it doesn't appear that it is. I am haunted by this show! I am determined to locate it. Will keep you posted.
crich70

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds almost like a Twilight Zone episode in some ways.
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Scary Show Reply with quote

Hello TexasWildhorse

The name of the Radio Show is Dark Fantasy ~ Debt from the Past.

Just listened to it this morning, this one is really good...Enjoy Wink
TexasWildhorse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Scary Show Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Hello TexasWildhorse

The name of the Radio Show is Dark Fantasy ~ Debt from the Past.

Just listened to it this morning, this one is really good...Enjoy Wink

Kevin, Thank you so much!!! That's the show I've been looking for! I heard it, I believe, on XM Radio Classics over a year ago, but missed the opening and have been looking for it ever since. I cannot thank you enough.

This is a fascinating episode in many ways. It involves time travel, ghosts, the sinking of the Titanic, and more! Plus, the lead actress in it is Jane Wyatt, who later in her career played the role of Amanda Grayson, Spock's human mother, in "Star Trek" (the Original Series).

[img]

[/img]
This image of Jane Wyatt is from Wikipedia.org and is in the public domain.

I found this excellent summary of the episode from Steve Calvert of the UK:

"Debt From The Past"

This episode of Dark Fantasy features the vocal talents of the American Actress Jane Wyatt, who stars as Mary Billings, a young lady who is out of work and desperate to find a job.

Things begin to look up for Mary when she sees an ad in a local paper:

"Wanted. Stenographer. If you are an ambitious, talented and reasonably attractive young woman who can use a typewriter, the adding machine, and can write shorthand; apply in person to Mr. Gibson, Friday night, after midnight, room 1313, Temple Building."

After midnight? Mary thinks that is a strange time for an interview, but she can type and use an adding machine and she needs the work so she applies for the job anyway. She gets too, but stepping into the Temple Building is like stepping back in time and although Mary knows that the year is 1942, Mr. Gibson is adamant that it is not and he even shows her the date on his newspaper to prove it: April 16, 1912.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Everyone for bringing this up and finding it. Teamwork is great! thumleft

I just listened to it. Execellent! We'll have to make this one of our podcasts.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: