Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Least favorite recurring character

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Least favorite recurring character Reply with quote

I was listening to an early Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet show yesterday and I remembered just how much I dislike the annoying maid that was on the early shows. I can't remember her name but she's totally annoying!

The lady that rents the house to Connie Brooks (Our Miss Brooks) is also annoying. Even more annoying than the landlady is the landlady's cat, Minerva. Can't stand either of them.

How can hilarious Mel Blanc be annoying? When he's doing his own show - the (Mel Blanc Show.) I HATE that show because Mel Blanc is not funny/annoying in that show!

The Egbert Gillis character on The Life of Riley is another one I can't stomach.

The guy that plays Jimmy Olsen (Adventures of Superman) is annoying but tolerable.

I'm not all that crazy about the characters that plays Louann, Judge Hooker and Peavy on The Great Gildersleeve - but I'll give them a pass.

There are others...over time I will add some more. I would love to see your answers.
boston blackie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not remember his name, but, the side kick on the Frontier Town. His voice is annoying.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I will listen closely to Frontier Town the next time it pops up on my iPod and will let you know what I think . Smile

Did a little research:

The landlady on Our Miss Brooks: Margaret Davis, played by Jane Morgan. Here's a picture of her and "Miss Brooks" http://tinyurl.com/2aqtgm

No mention of Ozzie/Harriet's maid in the Encyclopedia of Radio, nor Wikipedia.

I did find, however, that the maid's name is "Gloria." To prove to you just how annoying she is, I dare you to listen to this episode: http://tinyurl.com/233hp93

(By the way, have a look at this cover of the Ozzie & Harriet comic.. What's going on with the EYES? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ozzie1.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: