Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mysterious Affair at Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redmondtech

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Mysterious Affair at Styles Reply with quote

It appears that this Agatha Christie mystery is incomplete. I was only able to access up to chapter 11a. Seems to be missing chapter 11b which is the conclusion.

I also experienced this with Death on the Nile. Last installment not available.

Can anyone help?
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Mysterious Affair at Styles Reply with quote

redmondtech wrote:
It appears that this Agatha Christie mystery is incomplete. I was only able to access up to chapter 11a. Seems to be missing chapter 11b which is the conclusion.

I also experienced this with Death on the Nile. Last installment not available.

Can anyone help?

Sorry about that. I got this in a huge DVD collection some time ago and this is what they gave me. Wouldn't you know it would be the end that is missing. I'll see if I can find a complete set of these.

Brad
redmondtech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Mysterious Affair at Styles Reply with quote

Thank you, Brad. Should I let you know if I find more? And is the forum the right place to do that?

Kate
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Mysterious Affair at Styles Reply with quote

redmondtech wrote:
Thank you, Brad. Should I let you know if I find more? And is the forum the right place to do that?

Kate

Kate,

Yes, please let me know. If there are more like this I will try and get the complete copy. This is the right place.

Thanks,

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I found complete copies of both shows. They have been uploaded to the members area.

Brad
harrietvane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Same problem with Death in the Clouds Reply with quote

This is another Agatha... it's marked part 2. Starts in the middle of the story.

Please let me know if I should start a new topic -- this is my first post and excited to be here!
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, glad to have you with us! toothy2
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on vacation in baltimore. Will fix when I get back home to illinois.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Same problem with Death in the Clouds Reply with quote

harrietvane wrote:
This is another Agatha... it's marked part 2. Starts in the middle of the story.

Please let me know if I should start a new topic -- this is my first post and excited to be here!

I uploaded a complete copy of "Death in the Clouds" to the members area just now. Try that one.

You don't need to start a new topic for your post. It's fine right here. Welcome and thanks for posting in our forum.

Brad
harrietvane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Thank you!!!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harriet,

After you listen to the show, if you'd like, please let us know how you liked it and if you would recommend it to our other club members or not.

Brad
harrietvane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very late reply, but I did enjoy it very much. I love all the Poirots especially, but will listen to Marple in a pinch! Actually, I have run through all the Agathas I can find on this site from the BBC and am looking for the next big thing now. I am partway through a Le Carre adaptation from a recent Camardella podcast that sounds like it might be BBC also. I'm about to look through the list to see if anything like that is also here.

I love the charm and sometimes inadvertent naivete of the older shows but every now and then a more recent series grabs me.

This is a great resource Brad, keep it up!
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrietvane wrote:
This is a very late reply, but I did enjoy it very much. I love all the Poirots especially, but will listen to Marple in a pinch! Actually, I have run through all the Agathas I can find on this site from the BBC and am looking for the next big thing now. I am partway through a Le Carre adaptation from a recent Camardella podcast that sounds like it might be BBC also. I'm about to look through the list to see if anything like that is also here.

I love the charm and sometimes inadvertent naivete of the older shows but every now and then a more recent series grabs me.

This is a great resource Brad, keep it up!

Great. Glad you liked it. We have lots of good BBC shows in our 005_BBC-And-British-Shows folder. I hope you find some other good shows in there.

Brad
human

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for British radio shows, check out www.radioarchive.cc. It's a motherlode of BBC radio stuff, old and new. The Brits still make terrific spoken word radio. It's not the lost art it apparently is on this side of 'the Pond'.

Be advised that it is a peer-to-peer site and thus requires the use of a bittorrent client to download (and upload) shows.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

human wrote:
If you're looking for British radio shows, check out www.radioarchive.cc. It's a motherlode of BBC radio stuff, old and new. The Brits still make terrific spoken word radio. It's not the lost art it apparently is on this side of 'the Pond'.

Be advised that it is a peer-to-peer site and thus requires the use of a bittorrent client to download (and upload) shows.

Wow. Great resource Edwin. Thanks for sharing! I have used torrents in the past. The best software I've found is the free program utorrent. You can grab a copy here. http://utorrentfast.com/.

Please be advised, it's not illegal to download torrent files. You can't get in trouble downloading public domain shows. It's only a problem if you download movies that are not in the public domain, such as new movies just released on DVD and new music. A lot of people use torrent files to share new movies and music, but it could get you into trouble if you somehow got caught.

Stick with old time radio shows and public domain stuff, and you'll be fine. Very Happy

Brad
human

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I use bittorrent all the time for legitimate purposes. My favorite BT client for Mac and Linux is Transmission. It's got a simple, straightforward user interface, uses minimal system resources, and is packed with features I actually use without being laden with ones I have no need of. I used to use Azureus until it morphed into a piece of bloatware called Vuze.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

human wrote:
Yes, I use bittorrent all the time for legitimate purposes. My favorite BT client for Mac and Linux is Transmission. It's got a simple, straightforward user interface, uses minimal system resources, and is packed with features I actually use without being laden with ones I have no need of. I used to use Azureus until it morphed into a piece of bloatware called Vuze.

I quit using Azureus for that very same reason. I use utorrent because it's small and fast. No junk features I wouldn't use anyway.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: