Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for shows similar to my favs-Boston Blackie, Casey..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvotr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Looking for shows similar to my favs-Boston Blackie, Casey.. Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first post on the forum, and I'm a big fan of 30's & 40's movies, and OTR shows.

I'm posting to ask if anyone knows of shows similar to Boston Blackie and Casey, Crime Photographer. I really enjoy those two shows in particular, and just wondered if there are any other OTR series out there that are similar. In other words, not "hard boiled" detectives or mysteries like Sam Spade, Phillip Marlowe, and so many others.

I've been off work sick for the last month or so, and have really enjoyed OTR mysteries like Casey & Boston Blackie during that time. I really like Casey the best. It's a shame that there are only about 77 episodes available.

So, if anyone out there knows of shows similar to these to favs of mine, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks again!
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show that comes to mind is Let George Do It. There are about 300 episodes, I believe. I think it is a show you might enjoy.

Shirley
iluvotr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll see what I can find on it. I'd never heard of that one.

I'll elaborate just a little bit more than I did on my first post. I like the mystery shows that have a main character and a couple of good supporting characters, and that are a little less "hard boiled". Shows like Boston Blackie, Casey, and even Philo Vance come to mind.

I really enjoy these old shows. They've kept me from going stir crazy while I've been having health issues.

Again, I'll check this one out! Thanks again.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for shows similar to my favs-Boston Blackie, Cas Reply with quote

iluvotr wrote:
Hello, this is my first post on the forum, and I'm a big fan of 30's & 40's movies, and OTR shows.

I'm posting to ask if anyone knows of shows similar to Boston Blackie and Casey, Crime Photographer. I really enjoy those two shows in particular, and just wondered if there are any other OTR series out there that are similar. In other words, not "hard boiled" detectives or mysteries like Sam Spade, Phillip Marlowe, and so many others.

I've been off work sick for the last month or so, and have really enjoyed OTR mysteries like Casey & Boston Blackie during that time. I really like Casey the best. It's a shame that there are only about 77 episodes available.

So, if anyone out there knows of shows similar to these to favs of mine, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum. Here is a list Allen sent me about the shows you were asking about.

1. Mr. Keen Tracer of Lost Persons
2. Mr. & Mrs. North
3. Nero Wolfe
4. Sherlock Holmes
5. The Fat Man
6. Bulldog Drummond
7. Frank Race

Brad
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about THE SAINT starring Vincent Price. His witty humor made these shows lots of fun. It's definitely a favorite of mine laughing1
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like johnny dollar and box 13.

Brad
jamesl_1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Richard Diamond and Rouges Gallery, Sam Spade

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: