Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS RMT Episode: My Good Name

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: CBS RMT Episode: My Good Name Reply with quote

Episode: My Good Name #1217. The show ends prematurely. It ends with only a few minutes left.

Does anyone have a complete copy?

Thanks,
Lance Chapman
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CBS RMT Episode: My Good Name Reply with quote

Lance wrote:
Episode: My Good Name #1217. The show ends prematurely. It ends with only a few minutes left.

Does anyone have a complete copy?

Thanks,
Lance Chapman

Lance,

Allen has provided a complete copy of this show. It has replaced the old one in the folder.

Brad
Lance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: cbs-rmt Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank Allen and Brad for finding a complete copy.

Thanks again,
Lance
Lance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Stilll not complete Reply with quote

Brad - I listened to the new one that came from Allen. It still ends prematurely.

Do you have any other contacts that might have another copy?
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Stilll not complete Reply with quote

Lance wrote:
Brad - I listened to the new one that came from Allen. It still ends prematurely.

Do you have any other contacts that might have another copy?

No. CBSRMT shows were collected from many sources. People who actually taped them off the radio. Many people have collected these to make complete sets. This is the only set I have.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Brad
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Brad
I'm happy to say I found a complete episode of "My Good Name" over at
TennesseeBill'sotr.com. He has the same set many other people do,but he also has a set that are directly from vinyl records and are high quality. Although he doesn't have every episode in the series in this vinyl set,he does have quite a few including the one Lance is looking for. Hopefully he reads this. These "vinyl" episodes may possibly be from armed forces radio discs,but i don't know for sure. They appear to have all the commercials cut out. I don't know of any other reason why they would have been put on disc unless they are the ones our local radio stations used back when they were originally broadcast. Maybe sent out from C.B.S. By the way they are free to down load. By the way I verified that the episode Lance is looking for is complete.
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I just checked and they are in fact from the A.F.R.T.S. Vinyl Project.
(Armed Forces Radio and Television Service)
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britt Reid wrote:
Yes, Brad
I'm happy to say I found a complete episode of "My Good Name" over at
TennesseeBill'sotr.com. He has the same set many other people do,but he also has a set that are directly from vinyl records and are high quality. Although he doesn't have every episode in the series in this vinyl set,he does have quite a few including the one Lance is looking for. Hopefully he reads this. These "vinyl" episodes may possibly be from armed forces radio discs,but i don't know for sure. They appear to have all the commercials cut out. I don't know of any other reason why they would have been put on disc unless they are the ones our local radio stations used back when they were originally broadcast. Maybe sent out from C.B.S. By the way they are free to down load. By the way I verified that the episode Lance is looking for is complete.

Thanks Britt. This is a very good OTR resource you have shared with us. www.TennesseeBillsotr.com has a huge amount of good OTR shows that I'm sure everyone will enjoy.

Unfortunately, I downloaded the show and it still cuts off the end of the story. Maybe there isn't a complete copy of this show available.

Brad

Last edited by Brad on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode I downloaded is complete. Did you try downloading the episode in the vinyl set of CBSRMT. He has these in two seperate folders. when your scrolling down through the list of available series. It's in the ones that say A.F.R.T.S. - direct from vinyl
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Britt Reid wrote:
The episode I downloaded is complete. Did you try downloading the episode in the vinyl set of CBSRMT. He has these in two seperate folders. when your scrolling down through the list of available series. It's in the ones that say A.F.R.T.S. - direct from vinyl

OK, we've got it now. Good work Britt. I downloaded the right show this time. It is complete. It's now in the CBSRMT folder.

Brad
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Brad! Yes, Tennessee Bill has a pretty resourceful site. Hopefully Lance will drop by the forum and be able to enjoy this one completely Cool
crich70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember going to the public library when I was a kid and borrowing a record of Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" so it doesn't surprise me that other OTR recordings have also been released on records. As I recall I 'dubbed a copy' using my parent's stereo at the time. Don't know where the cassette is now. It was over 20 yrs ago. lol. I'm glad I found it here at MysteryShows. I've lost track of the # of times I've listened to Prof. Pierson's adventures as he tries to survive the Martian invasion.
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, these CBSRMT shows weren't sold to the public on records exactly. These were recorded on disc for the Armed Forces Radio Network to play primarily for the troops over seas, just as they did with the OTR shows starting with WW2 and on from there. I'm sure Hyman Brown the producer of the show wouldn't have allowed them to be sold to the public. To this day people are still trying to talk him into releasing high quality,complete episodes of CBSRMT for sale to the public.Sadly, many of the shows we have are very poor quality. As Brad has said they were recorded by people on a tape recorder.Otherwise we wouldn't have even these to enjoy. I remember being 14 years old and doing the same thing myself.Rolling Eyes
crich70

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was too young to even think of recording theCBSRMT shows at the time myself. I was born at the end of 1970 so I'm just a few yrs older than the series. lol. I do remember near the end of the series run that I had a transistor radio (given to me by one of my dad's brothers if I recall) and I would try to stay awake to hear the tales. I'd fall asleep (since they were on late for an 8 yr old) and end up with a dead battery for my trouble.
Lance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Britt & Brad for your work on this.

Lance
Harlow Wilcox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a pleasure Lance. It's nice to know that we have these vinyl episodes to also fall back on in case we come across another episode that is incomplete. Of course the whole series is not available on these vinyl copies but I think I counted about 67 shows that are available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: