Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to fix a broken computer desk

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crich70

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: How to fix a broken computer desk Reply with quote

I had to use some smarts to fix my computer desk this evening. The keyboard tray is always slipping back and off kilter. Has done since it was brand new. I've tried everything to figure out why. I got upset about it and tapped the tray a bit too hard on one spot and the plastic piece that connects to one of the metal guide pieces broke in two a bit behind where one of the screws to attach it to the metal desk frame is located. So I had to go up to Wal-mart for some parts to fix it. Got some super glue, craft sticks (like popsicle sticks) and some duct tape. I put glue on the break then glued a craft stick on each of the 3 sides that isn't part of the actual track (for added support) and put some duct tape over that to help hold it together while the glue set up for several hours. As of a few minutes ago the tray is back where it aught to be though I'm still being careful of how much I jiggle things about as it will take some hrs yet for the glue to completly finish bonding. I wrapped some duct tape round the other track at the back to act as a stop for the tray so it won't slip back too far. Will work til the tape dries out again I guess.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love projects like that. I'm always looking around the house for potential projects. Nothing better than puttering around my workshop and using my hand tools.

Brad
crich70

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hadn't planned on having a repair project today, but my frustration and a weak plastic part made it unavoidable. lol.
jimmy45

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hjg fjdkfjh fdhk hdf lfddf

Our 70-412 dumps tutorials and Benedictine University guide will give beginners a core overview of Adobe photoshop. Learn all about photoshop plugins using Youtube free resources. more detail your site Facebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: