Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cape Cod Radio Mystery Theater Shows Removed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Cape Cod Radio Mystery Theater Shows Removed Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I got an email from Steve Oney the other day. He is the author and producer of "Cape Cod Radio Mystery Theater". It turns out that the shows are not in the public domain but still being actively promoted and sold by Steve and his group who created them.

Steve was real nice about it and explained the situation to me. He told me that he applauds our Club’s stated goals: to archive and preserve radio dramas and foster its appreciation among the public. But since they are still actively marketing the shows and need to recoup all of the money they've already put out for equipment and hiring actors, they can't have people giving the shows away. This is totally understandable.

He came up with a good idea about putting a few of his shows on our site and a link to his homepage if anyone would like to purchase more of his shows. They've been working on their shows since the early 80's and have about 30 of them to offer.

With Steve's permission, I've put three of the Cape Cod mysteries he suggested on the home page as well as in the members area for us to enjoy.

There is a link to the Cape Cod Radio Mystery Theater home page in the show's folder. I encourage everyone to stop by their website and see what other shows they offer.

I just want to say that this mistake about the shows was entirely my fault and I take full responsibility for it. I put the shows up first and several well meaning club members donated some more of the shows via upload and mail and I put those up too. I posted the shows first, so everyone, I'm sure just assumed that they were OK to share.

When shows are uploaded to the site, they go in a special area first before I move them into the club area. It's my job to check the shows and make sure they are OK to share. I dropped the ball on this one. I'm Sorry.

I don't want to scare anyone away form contributing shows to our club. Even with all of the shows from all of the disk sets I have, there are still many good shows that I'm not even aware of until one of you offers them to our club. This is way better then me just uploading shows at random.

It's nice to get a mix of what everyone thinks is good. This is what makes our club special and separates us from the "pay by the month" OTR sites.

We've got a great bunch of folks in our club and you all know how to pick good shows. So keep sharing the shows with each other and our club and I'll do a better job of checking the shows next time before I upload them to the members area.

I gave Steve a membership in our club and invited him to come by and visit us in our forum. I'm sure we'd all like a chance to speak with someone in the business of producing radio thrillers in the style of old time radio.

Thanks,

Brad
RadioForMurder

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they considered doing a snocap? I know a lot of bands use them and you can generally buy each song (or show in this case) off of them for a pre-determined price per title. I don't know if they would be interested in that, I guess it's something for them to decide, but it would be cool if they would host something of that nature and would let you link to it. Good to know they were nice about it! I think everyone that has been doing this brand of entertainment poured their hearts into it and truly believe in it the way many of it's fans and followers still do. It's definately unlike the television or music industry because more often than not, though they will ask you not to host free and downloadable versions as they are marketing it, they seem excited that there are people out there still listening. It's cool to see. I think radio drama may be the one form of entertainment that never took it's audience for granted.
Marcel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: thats too bad Reply with quote

Sad I should of kept up on the site, they sound pretty good from the samples they let you keep. I maybe could of downloaded a set before they came down on ya. Due to time and computer constraints for work.
I will just keep an eye out for some while browsing.
Again keep up all the good work Brad, it sometimes hard to keep a handle on it all. Wink
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really like the shows and wish to support the author and cast, please visit http://ccrmt.com.

Look around the site. They sell single episodes for $4.95 in mp3 format. Or you could buy a CD or a hat with their logo or something.

It's a cool website. Check it out if you can.

Brad
JulieH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want some good ones to start with/try out, I suggest "The Hypnotist", "The Caller on Line One" and "Playback" - but then, I LOVE the creepy spooky shows.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Mystery All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: