Mysteryshows.com Forum Index Mysteryshows.com
Discuss old time radio here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More new shows added
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: More new shows added Reply with quote

New shows added this week. Some only have a few shows in them but I wanted to put them out there in case anyone would like to listen to them.

Breaking-Point
Avenger-Shows
Dead-Reckoning
Arthur-Conan-Doyle-And-More
Bleak-House
Aliens-In-The-Mind
Air-Adventures-Of-Jimmy-Allen
Heritage-Over-The-Land
black-Chapel
Black-Castle
Black-Book
Beyond-Tomorrow
Matinee-Theater
Afternoon-Theater
In-The-Name-Of-The-Law
Fronteir-Gentleman
Fort-Laramie
Family Doctor

Enjoy,

Brad
hangman3364

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh, I see some titles I don't even know.
Might have to investigate.
arkie44

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great listening in there! Thanks, Brad.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Requests? Reply with quote

Any requests from anyone?

Just post them here. I may have it or maybe I can get it.

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Brad. I really appreciate all the shows you continue to upload. Since you asked for requests, I have been looking for a comedy show called Myrt and Marge if you happen to come across it. Very Happy

Shirley
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shirleypearl wrote:
Thank you, Brad. I really appreciate all the shows you continue to upload. Since you asked for requests, I have been looking for a comedy show called Myrt and Marge if you happen to come across it. Very Happy

Shirley

Shirley,

I will get those for you soon. About 84 of them, I think.

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really didn't know there were that many episodes.
Thanks so much. You deserve a medal. Very Happy

Shirley
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shirleypearl wrote:
I really didn't know there were that many episodes.
Thanks so much. You deserve a medal. Very Happy

Shirley

All 83 shows are now in the members directory.

Enjoy,

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Brad. I really appreciate all you do. I listen more than I ever have to these shows and have more than I can even get to. I really appreciate it.
wav happy11
Shirley
bigh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you could get your hands on some "Straight Arrow"?

Thanks, Howard
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigh wrote:
Do you think you could get your hands on some "Straight Arrow"?

Thanks, Howard

I'll look into this.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard,

I don't have any in my collection and can't find them online. I'll have to order them from a disk vendor. Probably take a week or two to get them in the mail. I'll post here when they're uploaded.

Update: I was able to find one show online. It has been uploaded to the members area. Look for the folder named Straight-Arrow.

Could you please give a listen and see if this is the right show. If it is, let me know and I'll place the order for more. I just want to make sure these are the right shows.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the "Straight Arrow" shows in the mail today and uploaded them to the members area. These are very rare. I was only able to get 8 shows.

Brad
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: More Shows - Thank You Reply with quote

Hello, Brad

Thank You for the all the new shows you have just added lately, They're Great.
Was wondering if you can get California Melodies which features British director and composer David Rose and singer Maxine Gray. David Rose is best known for his exotica, space age and cocktail hour recordings.His 1944 hit composition, “Holiday of Strings,” went on to become the theme song for Red Skelton shows. California Melodies proved to be a fantastic venue to showcase many of Rose’s great compositions. Broadcast from Hollywood, this large orchestral program is easy on the ears and lifting to the heart.
Not sure how many of these shows are still around, but I just heard this show on one of our local radio stations that still actually play Old Time Radio Shows on Sunday Nights.
Thanks Again For All Your Hard Work wav Kevin
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: More Shows - Thank You Reply with quote

Aquaholic wrote:
Hello, Brad

Thank You for the all the new shows you have just added lately, They're Great.
Was wondering if you can get California Melodies which features British director and composer David Rose and singer Maxine Gray. David Rose is best known for his exotica, space age and cocktail hour recordings.His 1944 hit composition, “Holiday of Strings,” went on to become the theme song for Red Skelton shows. California Melodies proved to be a fantastic venue to showcase many of Rose’s great compositions. Broadcast from Hollywood, this large orchestral program is easy on the ears and lifting to the heart.
Not sure how many of these shows are still around, but I just heard this show on one of our local radio stations that still actually play Old Time Radio Shows on Sunday Nights.
Thanks Again For All Your Hard Work wav Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Good to hear from you. Remember last year when I ordered that big collection of music, westerns and Christmas shows? The post office lost it and even though they scanned it in to their location, said that they never got it.

That collection has the California Melodies in it. Don't know how many though. Well, we're going to try it again. There are tons of great shows in this collection and will be good for the club. I just placed the order. We'll probably have it in one to two weeks if the post office doesn't lose it again. Shocked

For the new folks here. Kevin is responsible for many good shows here. Since joining, he has donated many otr disks via mail for our club.

Thanks Kevin.

Brad
Kevin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: thanks for the update Reply with quote

Brad
I was wondering about that collection..... Hmm.. The post office bandhead scanned it but never received it. Sounds like an episode of Strange Doctor Weird. Thanks for the update!

Kevin Wink
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The package said to scan it when they delivered it to my door. The post office had a record of it being scanned in to their location but not to my door.

I questioned them about this. Their response was that sometimes the mail carrier forgets to scan it but it was "probably" delivered. Laughing

What great service!

I know the otr vendor didn't rip me off. I ordered one of their big packs before and got it just fine. It's was probably laying in the street somewhere. Oh well. I hope someone got some enjoyment out of it.

This time we're going to get it! I've got to think positive. It'll take a while to upload the shows but I've already got my eye on a pack of 20,000 shows. It's a grab bag or "rare" shows. They don't tell you what's in it, only that it's really good. That might be interesting.

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The package (big collection of music, westerns and Christmas shows) has shipped. Keep your fingers crossed. Laughing

Brad
Mike Hobart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

California Melodies is a fun show.

If you like music, this is very pleasant listening.
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad wrote:
The package (big collection of music, westerns and Christmas shows) has shipped. Keep your fingers crossed. Laughing

Brad

OK. I guess we just aren't supposed to have this collection. The first time I ordered it, the post office lost it. Today my order was refunded by Bookzap.

They sent me an email three weeks ago saying they shipped it. Still not here so I emailed them today. They refunded my payment today and then canceled my ordering account on their website.

First OTRCAT refused my orders and blocked my ip address so I couldn't even go to there site and now Bookzap won't take orders from me.

I've ordered from both places for years and never had a problem. Now that I have the old time radio club, they won't sell to me.

This is either a crazy coincidence or they don't want these shows uploaded to our club.

It's hard to believe that our friendly little OTR club could be considered competition to these big disk vendors, but that's what it's starting to look like. I suppose I can't really blame them. They are into OTR as a business and this is just a hobby club. They sell 100 shows on disk for five dollars and we have over 20,000 shows available for a ten dollar donation for lifetime membership. Non collectors who just want to enjoy the shows for their entertainment value will likely come here.

But here's the thing. Collectors will still buy the shows on CD or DVD for their collections. OTRCAT has great looking disks with pictures printed right on the face of each disk. They have great sound quality. when I started my collection, they were my favorite place to order from. I don't see how our club is any real bother to them. Bookzap is their real competition. They sell huge collections for less money then if you bought them all separately.

Oh well. I could always be wrong. Maybe there is nothing to this whole mess. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy nut. Laughing

If this is the case though, it's not only silly but it's also ineffective. If I really wanted the shows, I'd just call up my uncle in Florida or one of my friends out of state and have them order the disks and send them to me in the mail. If I want to see the blocked websites I can go to any one of the thousands of proxy sites on the internet and use their ip address instead of mine.

This will have no impact on our club. I still have the 29 DVD set of rare shows to sort through and upload. Plus, I still haven't uploaded all of the shows in my personal collection yet. I'm still sorting and tagging them. I've been uploading them as I get them done. Not to mention the hundreds of different vendors and private sellers on ebay we can buy from and the other vendors who haven't banned us yet. Don't worry we have all the big sets already and now I'm just rounding up some extras.

A while back, someone hacked our whole site and deleted all of our shows. I was on the phone with our webhost in the middle of the night to get it all restored by morning.

Just so there is no question about this, every page, every show, every forum and blog post and every picture on this website is backed up.

I just extended our hosting contract and renewed our domain name for an additional three years. OTR and running this club is my hobby. I like it. I won't quit doing it. We're not going anywhere. And though we need and appreciate the donations we receive, we will continue to give out memberships at no cost to the blind and to the folks who can't afford a donation. We're not in this for the money as some others are. This is a hobby club and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that this website is always here for the simple enjoyment of Old Time Radio by everyone.

Enjoy the shows!

Brad
shirleypearl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad,
I don't have any idea if someone who is selling OTR shows could feel threatened by you or not. It seems crazy if anyone does.
I very much appreciate how you hang in there and keep enjoying the hobby. Thanks for all the great shows you have provided.

Shirley
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: What are they Thinking? Reply with quote

Hi Brad

I can't hardly belief what I'm hearing, Those two businesses's have gone completely crazy!

Don't they realize that you have introduced many people to Old Time Radio shows who like myself never even heard one single show!

And after I did get involved I asked where I could BUY some shows (Which I did) and Brad even suggested the two places that now have banned him!

Unbelievable

Note this Brad We are all 110% behind you on this, and if you need anything to keep this web site going. Just let us know!

I have the Jazz Collections Part One, Two and Three and when your ready, just let me know and I'll send them to you.

As for this set of Music, Westerns, Children's Shows - You can get that exact set on Ebay for Half the price of B***KZP. Just PM me and I can give you the listing.

Take Care
Kevin
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: What are they Thinking? Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Hi Brad

I can't hardly belief what I'm hearing, Those two businesses's have gone completely crazy!

Don't they realize that you have introduced many people to Old Time Radio shows who like myself never even heard one single show!

And after I did get involved I asked where I could BUY some shows (Which I did) and Brad even suggested the two places that now have banned him!

Unbelievable

Note this Brad We are all 110% behind you on this, and if you need anything to keep this web site going. Just let us know!

I have the Jazz Collections Part One, Two and Three and when your ready, just let me know and I'll send them to you.

As for this set of Music, Westerns, Children's Shows - You can get that exact set on Ebay for Half the price of B***KZP. Just PM me and I can give you the listing.

Take Care
Kevin

Kevin,

I'm not 100% sure I've been banned but it does look that way. Especially the ip address thing. I've tried to order from my computer and my Blackberry phone and both times my order was denied and my ip address was automatically blocked. I tried to get back on the site and got an error message and it wouldn't let me on.

As far as bookzap goes. Why would they say they mailed my order two days after I payed for it and then three weeks later give me a full refund as soon as I asked where my package was?

I don't even know how they knew it was me. My paypal name is listed as OTRMT so maybe they checked that. I did get a polite email from the owner of otrcat a few months ago asking that I remove a quote from one of my blogs or credit the source. I sited the source and gave him a link on the blog. That was my fault. Sloppy of me to not quote the source. That was the blog I sometimes post to when I find interesting facts about OTR.

I'm going to have to be more careful about taking information from other pages. Sometimes I copy and past a little blurb of what the shows are about from sites I find on Google. I was just trying to get the information out as fast as possible so I could upload the shows. I've gone through the site and tried to delete anything that violates anyone's intellectual property. I must be more considerate in the future.

Please PM me the ebay link and the total cost including shipping for the entire Jazz collection and your Paypal address. I'll send the money out today and start uploading the Jazz shows as soon as I receive them.

Thanks,

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bookzap wouldn't take my order for $80 for the giant western, music, children's and Christmas shows.

Kevin found it for $39 on ebay. I just ordered it today. Hopefully we'll finally get it this time.

Kevin has also provided us with the Bookzap giant collection of old time jazz shows at a substantial discount and paid the shipping for us. Should be here soon.

Thanks Kevin. You are truly an asset to our club. Very Happy

Brad
Brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. We finally got the Music, western, christmas show collection! It's been a long time comming but at last we have it. I'll start sorting through them today. Very Happy

The huge Jazz collection from Kevin came in the mail today too. It's going to be a good day for our club.

Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mysteryshows.com Forum Index -> Misc All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: